Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Catch Up

Well since my last blog a lot has transpired. Let me catch you up to where we are. On May 4 I underwent surgery to repair my remaining tube. The doctor was able to remove all the adhesions that were causing my tube to become twisted and closed. He even stitched back the opening of the tube so that it was no longer just a pin hole opening. He gave us relatively good hope that we would be able to get pregnant on our own with a lesser risk of another ectopic pregnancy. We were told to wait a couple of weeks before we started trying to get pregnant. This put us into June before the timing was right again.

On Sunday, June 21, I had a positive pregnancy test!! I wanted to get excited immediately, but all the fear of what might happen now quickly set in. I called my OB first thing that Monday morning to set up my 6-week ultrasound. After a bit of run-around, the nurse told me I would need to come in that morning for some blood work to see where my hCG levels were. This way they could more accurately schedule the ultrasound to ensure we could actually see the pregnancy. We would repeat the test on Wednesday to see if the hormone level doubled. This is usually a good indication of a normal pregnancy. In my past two pregnancies that turned out to be ectopics, my hormone levels never doubled. I was scared to death at what these tests would tell me this time. I didn't know how I could stand another failed pregnancy and the possibility of losing my only remaining tube.

After waiting the three days to get the results of the blood work, the nurse called early Thursday morning with the good news that my levels had more than doubled. Monday's level was 85 and Wednesday's level was 188. That was definitely a good sign, but I was still cautious with my excitement about this pregnancy. She went ahead and scheduled my ultrasound for Thursday, July 8. That's tomorrow! And not only will we find out if indeed we have a baby this time, but it is my husband's birthday. I do hope that I can give him the best birthday present ever...a baby!

I have been a nervous wreck the past 10 days. I have been so aware of every little twinge, every little pain, every little thought that something might be wrong. I have been so exhausted anyway that I have tried to sleep as much as I can to make the week go by faster. I know that God is in control of it all and that whatever is going on inside my body is His will. I just want it all to be okay this time. No more disappointment, no more pain, no more failures. I want a happy ending and a healthy addition to our little family. So hopefully soon after 9:00 a.m. in the morning we will know where all these paths we have been on in the last year will lead us. Say a prayer if you don't mind. Not for what I want, but for the peace and strength to deal with whatever happens.

3 comments:

  1. OH MY!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE post as soon as you find out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been praying soooooooooooo hard for you!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!!!!!! Very excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete