Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Little Scare...

Well last night I started spotting again. It still wasn't bright red but was a little pinker than the week before. I would call it a mauve color. And to top it all off, there was even what appeared to be a small blood clot in it at one point. I was a nervous wreck fretting about what could be going on. Flashes of what we have been through in the past year came back to both me and Kyle as we starred at that toilet paper. Rather than worry myself too much, I just went to bed. Crazy dreams filled the night and I tried to find rest. I dreamed that we had an ultrasound today and the baby was peeking his head up over something and then quickly ducking back down. He was playing peek-a-boo with us. And that even as early as I am, we were still able to tell that it was a boy. All of those thoughts are very weird and kept waking me up...that on top of the constant trips to the bathroom.

Anyway, I took Brady to school and immediately called the nurse this morning. As I explained to her what was going on she suggested I just come on in for an ultrasound. I jumped at the chance for another look inside the belly. Our sweet ultrasound technician, Elizabeth, was nervous that we were back to see her so soon. Her first view of baby showed an obvious heartbeat. What a relief!! And it was beating at 171...way up from the 120 two weeks ago. Then she commented that we had ourselves a little gummy bear in there. The pictures below will show you what she meant. The baby has limb buds right now instead of arms and legs and really does resemble a gummy bear. :) The baby is measuring right on track from two weeks ago.


We got to see Dr. Deed today as well and she explained that the bleeding was probably coming from an area where a blood vessel had ruptured. Which is pretty common when pregnancies implant into the uterus. She showed us the area on the ultrasound. She explained that the blood would eventually evacuate but that I could see spotting for another week or two. Another relief! I can handle the spotting as long as I know what to expect and it doesn't get bright red! So I'm happy that everything still seems to be going right this time. We thank God everyday that we have been given another chance at this. Like my momma says, "Only He is the giver of life."

1 comment:

  1. So glad everything is okay! Precious little gummy bear :) Oh and that heart rate= GIRL ;) Aubs was 167 the first time we heard it! :)

    ReplyDelete