Thursday, July 15, 2010

What a Relief!

So today was my repeat ultrasound since last week there wasn't much to see. Well there still wasn't very much to see today, but what we did see was GREAT news! We were able to see a heartbeat...more like a flutter instead of a beat, but nonetheless it was beating! The technician measured it to be beating at 120 bpm and the baby itself is about .25 inch long. That puts me at 6 weeks and 4 days with a due date of March 6. I am just so relieved and excited and I cannot wait for my next visit already. Elizabeth, the technician, said she was so glad that I was finally getting some good news. She said she has these patients that go through so much and she is so happy when something goes right and she can share in that joy with them. She said I am one of those patients. I appreciate her for always being as gentle as she could with me through some very painful times. :)

After my ultrasound my mother-in-law and I went down to see my OB and give her the news. I think she and her nurse are just as excited as we are. After all, they have been with me through a lot in the past year. Dr. Deed hugged me and just couldn't quit saying how excited she was. I have her to thank for so much. She saved my life earlier this year and she has always looked out for me and for that I cannot be more grateful. So I will see her again on August 2 for my first official prenatal visit. We will get more pictures of baby then but I was able to get one picture today. You can't really tell much but there is definitely a baby there.


I really hate that Kyle couldn't be with me today so see our baby's heartbeat for the first time. I was able to talk to him a little while ago and he is so very excited and relieved. I'm ready for him to come home now so we can celebrate and enjoy this wonderful news together. Now I need a nap! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment