Monday, August 2, 2010

9 Weeks...

Yay! I have made it to the 9 week mark as of yesterday. Everyday is such a blessing with this pregnancy. We celebrated Mom's birthday yesterday with almost everyone in our big ole family. All of her kids and all but one of her grandkids were there as well as her sister and brother-in-law. There were even a few extra kids there so you can imagine with over 20 people it must have been some celebration. I was happy to feel like getting out but wouldn't have let much keep me from being there anyway. There was great food and music and lots of laughter. Family is so very important and we don't spend enough time with those we love. Hard to believe as we all sat around and visited that Mom started all that. She certainly has a lot to be proud of...and her big family isn't done growing yet. :)

I had my first official O/B appointment today and it was almost too hot to go. I mean really...the car said 108 at one point. Just too hot! However, my sweet mother-in-law was happy to take me since the hubby was in meetings this afternoon. It was a short visit, as I guess most of the next few will be. Dr. Deed wanted to take a look at baby herself since the last three ultrasounds have been done upstairs. She was excited to see what was going on in there. You still can't see much from the outside at this point, but you could definitely see that baby bouncing around in there and the heart just a fluttering. Baby's heart rate was 169 this time. All were great signs and made us all very happy. She said next time I come we should be able to hear that little booger.

I am started to have more feel good moments these days and not so much all day sickness. I am learning how and what to eat that works best for me. Eating something small every 2 hours or so has helped tremendously. It's only late in the evening that I feel the most yucky. All that food throughout the day makes me feel bloated. It's all tolerable though since it is indeed for a good reason. :)

I will paste below what babycenter.com says about baby this week. It is always very interesting to see what's going on inside when I can't feel it.

Your pregnancy: 9 weeks

How your baby's growing:

Your new resident is nearly an inch long — about the size of a grape — and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. She's starting to look more and more human. Her essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do her tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that your baby's basic physiology is in place, she's poised for rapid weight gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment