Monday, August 30, 2010

13 Weeks...

The last couple of weeks have been so much better in the sickness department. I am so glad to be over the majority of that all day nausea. I still have it some during the day but not everyday. The worst time for me is in the evenings. Since I have my appetite back, all I want to do is EAT! So by the end of the day I don't feel too well. I'm still learning what works for me though so I don't overdo it everyday. I am still pretty tired around noon everyday and usually try to take a nap if I can. Just makes for a less cranky momma by the end of the day. :)

Today was my second visit with Dr. Deed and I was glad Kyle got to go with me this time. I was surprised to see that I had only gain 1/2 pound since my appetite has returned. It may all catch up with me next month though. Oh well...I have a good excuse to eat although I have really been trying to make healthy choices as much as possible. Dr. Deed was just as excited as we were to try and hear a heartbeat. However, baby was not cooperative this morning. Mostly all we heard was my heartbeat and just a split second of baby's. Since she couldn't measure the beats per minute with her doppler, she decided we should just take a peak and measure it that way. I told her that was fine with me! I always welcome a peak inside the belly. :) Of course baby was fine and the heartbeat measure 163 bpm. We actually got to see the spine and both arms moving around. Baby even moved its head some for us. I cannot wait to be able to feel all that moving around in there. Baby seems very active too...should be fun!

We still haven't told Brady that he is going to be a big brother soon. He is always talking about his baby sister though like he already knows what's to come. The kid may have some kind of intuition about it...who knows. He is going to be a great big brother though. He has been so helpful in taking care of me while I've been sick. He turned FIVE last week and I think he is at a perfect age to be my big helper when baby arrives.

Like always, I have included some information about baby this week. Lots going on in there and every week I am amazed at how God creates these little lives.


How your baby's growing:

Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.

No comments:

Post a Comment