Monday, August 16, 2010

11 Weeks...

I am so happy to be almost done with this first trimester. I have started to feel somewhat better during the day. I have my moments where I feel pretty yucky, but for the most part the all day sickness is waning. Yay! I am actually getting my appetite back which has proven to be bad some days because all I wanna do is eat. It doesn't usually end well when the belly gets too full. I'm learning though...and I've also given the hubby permission to stop me from overdoing it. Ha! He's not too thrilled about that job. He's always heard not to get between a pregnant lady and her food. :) God love him for trying though.

We seem to be making some headway on getting our house ready for baby. We've been moving stuff out of the office so it can be transformed into a nursery again. I have big ideas for what all needs to be done if I can just get someone to carry them out for me. I hate not being able to move furniture while I'm here during the day. I could get so much done if I weren't restricted. Ugh! We have plenty of time to get it all together though so I won't stress too much about it yet.

According to babycenter.com, baby has made some big changes recently. It's amazing that baby can be that small and look just like a baby. I mean he/she is only 1 1/2 inches long...that's tiny! So miraculous what God does in there! I am so ready to hear that heartbeat. Just two more weeks until my next OB visit and I cannot wait. 



How your baby's growing:

Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.

She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.

2 comments: